- The Chinese Fan Palm Tree is able to reach 50 feet in height but usually seen at 30 feet with a 10 to 12-foot spread. Chinese Fan Palm Trees have a single straight trunk and large, six-foot-long leaves which have drooping tips.
- The divided leaves have long, tapering, ribbon-like segments which gracefully sway beneath the leaves, creating an overall fountain-like effect.
- The petioles are armed with sharp spines.
- The inconspicuous flowers are hidden among the leaves and are followed by small, blue-black, olive-like fruits.
- The Chinese Fan Palm Tree is recommended for Mt. Pleasant, Charleston, Kiawah SC and surrounding areas.
*mouse-over image to zoom in