- Phoenix sylvestris is a fast growing palm that can get up to 40-50ft tall and 25ft wide.
- Also known as the "silver" or 'wild" Date Palm, Phoenix sylvestris, is a beautiful accent palm that blends well into many landscape themes. The trunks are robust and the canopies average 18' across at maturity.
- Sylvestris are all grown from seed and so its normal to see some variations in appearance across a group. It has a lot of similar characteristics with True Date Palm (Phoenix dactylifera).
- It has a solitary robust trunk, with interesting diamond pattern created by leaf scars. The Sylvester Date Palm requires some maintenance trimming old dead leaves that tend to make "skirt". Trunk is swollen at the base, about 13-18 inches in diameter
- The Sylvester Date Palm Tree is recommended for Mt. Pleasant, Charleston, Kiawah SC and surrounding areas.
*mouse-over image to zoom in